House Fire in The Golfcrest / Bellfort / Reveille Area
August 30, 2019 at 7:25 p.m.
3800 block of Chaffin St, 77087
Two citizens, treated on scene.
Failure of equipment or heat source
Firefighters arrived on scene to find light smoke coming from the ridge of a roof of a 1-story home. They discovered a small fire in the attic space which was most likely caused by a bathroom exhaust fan. The fire was quickly extinguished and two residents were treated on scene for smoke inhalation. Crews from Stations 40, 26, 46, 35, 36, 29 and 24 responded to this incident.