House Fire in The Central Northwest Area
May 10, 2019 at 4:05 p.m.
1000 block of W. 43rd, 77018
No reported injuries
More than $675 thousand in estimated property saved
$28,500 in estimated damage
Unintentional – Electrical
Firefighters arrived on scene with smoke coming from a home and found a fire in the kitchen. They worked to extinguish the fire and conducted a primary search. Salvage operations were preformed and it was determined the fire had started in the kitchen. The home owner had been using the microwave and saw fire near the appliance. There were burn patterns on the back of the microwave and nearby cabinets near an outlet. Crews from Stations 15, 13, 31, 62, 67, 31, 67 and 30 responded to this incident.