House Fire in Central Southwest Area
July 14, 2019 at 12:15 a.m.
4900 block of Drakestone Blvd, 77053
No reported injuries
$140 thousand in estimated property saved
$60 thousand in estimated damage
Firefighters arrived on scene with light smoke coming from the roof of a 1-story home and began an offensive attack on fire in the attic. A primary search was completed and the home was ventilated. The fire was located in the attic and extinguished. Crews also worked to protect a nearby exposure. The fire appeared to have started with the electrical wiring extending into the attic from the A/C unit. The family was able to safely relocate and crews conducted salvage and overhaul. Firefighters from Stations 2, 21, 59, 47, 48, 80 and 24 responded to this incident.