Apartment Fire in The Sharpstown Area
September 6, 2019 at 3:51 p.m.
7500 Bellerive Dr, 77036
No reported injuries
Firefighters arrived on scene to find light smoke coming from a third floor exterior stairwell of an apartment building. Crews pulled the exterior smoldering wall paneling and found a smoldering fire. They extinguished it and cooled the area down to ensure the fire did not reignite. There were no signs of extension of the fire past the area of origin and it was determined that a discarded cigarette had probably caused the fire. Firefighters from Stations 60, 28, 68, 10 and 51 responded to this incident.