Apartment Fire in The Braeswood Area
September 3, 2019 at 2:42 a.m.
7490 Brompton St, 77025
No reported injuries
$2 thousand in estimated damage
Firefighters were originally dispatched to an automatic alarm of an apartment complex and upgraded the call to a box alarm. Upon arrival, residents were evacuating with no smoke or fire showing from the 3-story apartment building. Crews found smoke coming from an exterior fascia board on the landing of an exterior stairwell. Residents had already pulled the fire hose from the fire hose cabinet and attempted to extinguish it. Firefighters pulled the board and section of the sheet-rock to check for extension. They sprayed the area down to insure the fire did not rekindle and noted that it was most likely caused by a discarded cigarette. Crews from Stations 37, 21, 46, 21, 33 and 24 responded to this incident.