Apartment Fire in Spring Branch East Area
August 14, 2019 at 9:58 p.m.
2201 Wirt, 77055
No reported injuries
More than 3 million in estimated property saved
$8 thousand in estimated damage
Failure of equipment or heat source
Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke coming from a second-story apartment unit and began an offensive attack. A primary and secondary search were completed and the unit was ventilated. The fire was extinguished and appeared to have originated from a large TV located next to a bed. Crews had the power shut off to the affected room and advised the tenant to contact maintenance personnel to inspect and advise on turning the power back on. Crews from Stations 4, 5, 13, 38, 62, 57 and the Village Fire Department responded to this incident.